Clinical Management of Diabetes
Team: Mastercourse in Diabetes
Created for healthcare professionals who work in primary and secondary care, our 12-week Mastercourse in the Clinical Management of Diabetes will allow you to focus on clinically relevant areas of diabetes that will help develop the management of patients with the condition. The course is delivered by eminent national and international experts in diabetes.
This Mastercourse has been created for health professionals who work in primary and secondary care. It will allow you to focus on clinically relevant areas of diabetes that will help develop the management of patients with the disease. The course is delivered by eminent national and international experts in diabetes: Prof. Steve Davies, Endocrinologist; and Dr. Atul Kalhan, Consultant in Diabetes & Endocrinology.
Why choose to study with us?
- Online flexible learning allows you to study when it suits you.
- 12-week part-time course to fast-track your diabetes knowledge.
- High quality education.
- Respected faculty with expertise in diabetes.
- Innovative educational delivery.
- 120 hours of CPD.
- Endorsed by Diabetes UK Cymru.
- On successful completion of this course, you will attain a certificate to include in your CPD development portfolio.
The online course lasts for twelve weeks and is structured around ten subjects:
- Epidemiology, diagnosis and classification
- Pathophysiology of diabetes
- Oral therapies
- Injectable therapies
- Complications of diabetes: Macrovascular disease
- Complications of diabetes: Microvascular disease
- Diabetes in special circumstances: Pregnancy, adolescence and elderly
- Diabetic emergencies
- Diabetes patient education
- Diabetes management: socio-economic impact and judicious use of resources
Each week we address a new subject using:
- An introductory talk on the topic by Dr Kalhan/Prof Steve Davies
- Two or more clinically rich cases
- You will be given the opportunity and be expected to discuss the cases within the discussion forum
- An explanatory discussion/model answer video to watch covering the clinically rich cases
- An individual activity for you to complete
- Reflective portfolio questions for you to complete
- A summative assessment to test your knowledge
In the final two weeks, candidates are:
- Expected to review all material covered across all ten subjects, before;
- Sitting their final summative exam of 30 randomly selected questions across all ten subjects
"I find the course very good, especially because of the way it`s been taught. The pragmatic approach of learning by case cluster is an advantage for this course".